Monday, April 27, 2009

Still Waiting...

We expected to hear back from the surgeons office the end of last week with a date. No such luck; I called them on Thursday to give a gently nudge. The woman I talked to said that the day we were there they had 41 patients instead of their normal 10-15 and all needed to get scheduled for surgery. They are just working their way through the list. So, no call Friday either and I'm afraid to leave the house today. I have a fear that if they call and miss me instead of calling my cell they will continue down their list and we will be moved to the bottom. Oh well, I'm meeting a friend for coffee while her mom is in surgery this afternoon. Alex says she will answer the phone if the surgeons office calls, and tell them to try me on my cell. If I don't hear from them today I'll call them tomorrow. My patience is wearing thin as usual.

1 comment:

  1. Hope they call soon. I've gotten to where I just put my cell number as the home phone. I hate coming home from work and finding a message from the doctors office. Once they called my cell, hung up after two rings and then called home and left a message.

    ReplyDelete