Sunday, April 8, 2012

Life Changing Email

There are days when my in-box leaves me speechless. Mixed in among the email offers for male enhancement  and  Groupons  I find life changing messages.


After sending an email to the National Institute of Health in Maryland in 2007 I received this response:


"...Dr Stratakis agreed that we would accept her for evaluation..."


After sending a disk of Alex's pituitary MRI (that had been read as "clear" by a radiologist) I received this response From Dr. Ian McCutcheon, at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Texas, on New Year's Eve 2007:

"...there is indeed a lesion occupying much of the right half of the pituitary gland..."


And from Dr Friedman, on Easter Sunday 2008 I received this:

"I THINK THAT IS ENOUGH FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF CUSHING'S. PLEASE FAX ME BACK THE CONSENT. HAVE YOU DECIDED ON A SURGEON?"


Where would we be without computers and email? I don't think it's an exaggeration to say I don't think Alex would be alive today. 




No comments:

Post a Comment