Thursday, April 26, 2012

But You Don't Look Sick

The "Spoon Theory" by Christine Miserandino is a Must Read
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/


While Christine, who wrote the Spoon Theory, suffers with Lupus, the theory is applicable to all "invisible" diseases. The first time I read this I just sat and bawled; it fit so perfectly. I printed it out an took it to Alex who was laying in bed, low on "spoons" and we cried some more. I wanted to print it out and send it to everyone I ever met. I hope you will take the time to read it. 


In the Cushie Community we reference "spoons" on a regular basis: "I'm low on spoons", "do you have any extra spoons?", "I don't think I have enough spoons to make it through today". If you've ever heard of anyone talking about spoons as if it's some code language, now you will understand.


Got Spoons?


No comments:

Post a Comment